Friday, September 25, 2009

I Protect Me and Mine

2 a.m., bar just closed. I was walking her to her car. We were deciding where to go eat.

That's when I heard voices escalate in an angry tone. I looked ahead and Brandon was faced up with a white guy, spiked blonde hair, a breath separating them.

I quickly stepped between them and pushed Brandon back.

"Stay out of this," the white guy said to me, and he put a hand on my chest. Instinctively, I drove my body weight into him to push him off.

He quickly started to recoil as if to charge at me, but I stepped back in a defensive stance, extending an arm as if to say, Wait. "Step the fuck off," I demanded.

He stopped, lowered in a kind of linebacker stance.

"I don't know what happened here. I don't know what was said. Frankly, I don't care. What I do know is that that's my boy. And I don't know you.

"Now, that being said, I am a grown ass fuckin' man. I don't got time to play. I don't squab no more, I don't scuffle no more, I don't rassle no more. I won't throw punches. I won't throw kicks. If you buck to me, I'm just gonna slit your fucking throat. Do you get what I'm saying to you?

"I'm gonna protect me and mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment